Talking to the Masses, Good Times.

Last night I got to speak the Organic and Sustainable Agriculture Club at UF, and it was quite nice.  There were lots of good questions and we had a good time.  Some people got up and left after 15 minutes, but those folks have made up their minds already.  Still, it was a great forum to talk about the even-handed science behind GM crops.

I'm also speaking to the Master Gardeners Spring Festival in Marion County Florida on March 8th.

My talk is titled, "GMO Technology:  Foundation of Future Gardening", perhaps an edgy title, as it provoked a rather pointy response.

As usual, it made its way to the upper echelons of our university.

Nothing like taking time on a Saturday to venture into the county and talk science.  Glad to do it, but it looks like someone is not too happy about it!    


Sadly, when I get to "terminator seeds" I tune out, because obviously this person has so firmly bought into the misinformation that they are probably pretty far gone.  Then when they tell me that I'm "in bed with" Monsanto I know they are goofy.

I could have let it slide, but instead saw this as a great opportunity to win a heart, mind, or buy them a one-way ticket to Kauai.   So I replied...

I'm such a savage beast, a clear pawn of Big Ag.  Slinging lunch invites like this is so evil! 

Once again it illuminates the need to bring the discussion to public forums.  They have "Seeds of Death" as their scientific evidence.  We have a lot of work to do....





Popular posts from this blog

Food Babe Visits My University

Film Review: The Need to Grow

Coordinated Disinformation Campaigns on Twitter