Monday, July 12, 2010

Truly an Amazing Meeting

I'm in Charlotte airport with Roxanne traveling home from TAM8- The Amaz!ng Meeting in Las Vegas Nevada.  While it sounds like an Amway convention, it instead is a wonderful concoction of expert speakers in modern science and skepticism.  I'm a little biased because I had the extreme pleasure of presenting at this TAM, and consider it to be a personal and professional highlight.

I got to tell Richard Dawkins, "I still think 
you were the best host of Family Feud"

The meeting featured outstanding talks, but my favorites were Michael Shermer, Bruce Hood, Pamela Gay, Phil Plait, and Brian Hart.  All of these were truly illuminating.  While these were my favorites, there was not a bad talk in the bunch.

Most of all, it was a conference amongst friends.  I was impressed by the interaction and interest and the sense of camaraderie.

It will be my first of many TAMs.  James Randi is a perfect gentleman that took time with everyone and was generous with his time and talent.  It truly was an amazing meeting.

No comments: