Saturday, December 27, 2008

Yay!! A New Airborne Commerical!

So I'm at my folks' watching Christmas TV and a commercial comes on. It is a happy woman standing next to a box of Airborne, the pretend medicine that has no active ingredients.

I don't remember the exact words of it all to analyze here, so I looked to see if it was archived online. It's not. But here is one that is really scary...



Isn't this a health claim? Is this touting that it shields one from STDs? This is another example of a company acting unethically to sell a product and a public to stooopid to notice. I'll bet that in cheesy raves all across this nation that there are brainstemmed party chicks strung out on date rape drugs pounding Airborne for prophylaxis. Another shining moment for Airborne and its promise to deliver, its implausible mechanism and consumers to scientifically illiterate to refuse it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When calling others "illiterate," I personally wouldn't directly follow said slur with a misused word, i.e., "too," not "to." It undermines your point just a tad.

Kevin M. Folta said...

Thanks, I guess. It obviously is a typo. You can read everything I've written in the last 40 years and that's the one time you'll see that error.

Now I can't fix it either.

Kevin M. Folta said...

ON SECOND THOUGHT...

I fixed the typo. Thanks for pointing it out.